The Soloman Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) is accepting applications for its Dane G. Hansen Foundation Community Grants Program to help improve the quality of life for communities in north-central and northwest Kansas.
Donor Name: Soloman Valley Community Foundation (SVCF)
Counties: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
The Community Foundation is pleased to partner with the Dane G. Hansen Foundation to invest grant dollars in the community for innovative ideas.
Grants will be awarded to projects or programs that address:
- Education: Enhances the learning environment and expands opportunities for students. Provides increased self-reliance on personal life skills and workforce capability.
- Health Care: Ensures access to quality health services and promotes healthy life practices.
- Community Social Services & Security: Enhance access to social services needed for individuals of special needs and supports systems to provide community disaster relief and general community emergencies.
- Conservation & Environment: Support efforts to improve and maintain high air and water quality, appreciation for their natural environment and enhances economic and social benefits of outdoor resources.
- Arts & Culture: Provide cultural and artistic opportunities to enhance the quality of life for local residents and to encourage tourism and the exchange of ideas.
- Community Beautification: Support efforts to improve and maintain public spaces to enhance community pride and encourage socialization among residents.
Preference will be given to applications that include community involvement and volunteerism.
What type of support is funded?
- Projects or programs that serve the community and/or advance the mission of the organization.
- Seed money to establish or initiate a new project, program, or organization, including operating expenses.
- Capacity building or activities that strengthen an organization to increase its ability to fulfill its mission, including technology & equipment, professional development & training, additional staff to implement a new program, etc.
- Capital improvements including new construction or renovation of a facility.
- Endowment funds to provide permanent and long-term support for an organization or program.
Note: The grants committee will consider requests for endowment funds, but it is unlikely to receive funding unless it supports a specific initiative.
The community foundation can make grants to the following entities:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Individuals or organizations that do NOT fall into one of the entities are encouraged to partner with a fiscal agent in one of those categories.
- If that is not possible, please contact the community foundation to see if your project still qualifies and if there are any additional reporting requirements.
- Grants are typically restricted to the geographic areas served by the community foundation.
For more information, visit Soloman Valley Community Foundation.