Applications are now open for the Conrad Prebys Foundation’s 2022 Grant Program.
Donor Name: Conrad Prebys Foundation
County: San Diego County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/04/2022
The Foundation reviews requests for general operating funds, program support, technology / equipment, scholarship funds, new strategic initiatives, capital campaigns / projects, and occasionally multi-year grants. For capital requests, additional documentation is required.
The Conrad Prebys Foundation primarily makes grants to organizations located within San Diego, CA. They selectively make grants in other parts of the country, but very rarely approve unsolicited applications from beyond San Diego County.
- To be eligible for a grant from The Conrad Prebys Foundation, your organization must be a tax-exempt charitable organization in good standing, as described in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Organizational focus: The Foundation considers submissions from organizations in the following categories: medical research, healthcare, higher education (including vocational / trade school education), visual and performing arts, youth development, animal conservation, and other charitable purposes consistent with Conrad Prebys’s history of philanthropy during his lifetime. Applicants have the ability to self-select the focus area in the Grants Portal that best represents the organization’s mission and work.
The Foundation does NOT make grants to:
- Endowments or endowment campaigns
- Private foundations or other regranting organizations
- Debt retirement or to cover past operating deficits
- Unsolicited requests for special event or gala sponsorship
- Any type of activity intended to support candidates for political office or influence legislation
- Religious or doctrinal purposes, although faith-based organizations may apply for program support in one of the focus areas
For more information, visit Conrad Prebys Foundation.