The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is seeking applications for its Community Impact Grant program to stimulate and help launch new programs and projects; help focus, enhance and/or expand an organization’s existing programs and services; or as an investment in a large capital project which is a critical enhancement to the mission of the nonprofit organization.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
State: South Carolina
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
There will be a preference for projects or programs that support marginalized members of the communities they serve. These grants are restricted to organizations that serve people who live and/or work in the Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island or greater Bluffton area.
Competitive grant terms are typically 12 months and have a request budget greater than $10,000.
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation;
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island or greater Bluffton area;
- Attend an Impact Information Session at the Community Foundation (within 12 months of the application due date);
- Complete and submit a profile on The Giving Marketplace;
- NEW: Have a social justice statement in place;
- Be invited to submit an application.
They generally will not consider requests for the following:
- General operating support
- Sectarian or religious activities
- Political activities or organizations
- Grants directly to individuals
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Special events or fundraisers
- Scholarships for students of any age
- Staff positions
For more information, visit Community Impact Grant.