Central New York Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Community Grants program.
Donor Name: Central New York Community Foundation
State: New York
Counties: Madison County (NY), Onondaga County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/08/2022
Nonprofit organizations in Onondaga and Madison counties are encouraged to apply for grants to fund innovative projects in the areas of: arts and culture, civic affairs, education, health, human services and the environment.
Types of Projects
They support the following types of projects that promote community impact, capacity building and diversity:
- Capital Projects – including large scale capital campaigns, repairs and replacements, technology upgrades, and equipment/furnishing purchases
- Program – support for new and innovative programs, or the expansion of proven existing programs that address our community’s most pressing needs
- Organizational Development – including capacity building efforts around strategic planning, board development and succession planning
Projects Not Supported
They do not make grants for the following through their Community Grants process:
- Annual operating budgets, except when it is “seed” or “bridge” funding
- Religious purposes
- Loans or assistance to individuals
- Medical or academic research (except where requested by a donor)
- Activities that occurred before the Community Foundation’s decision date
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, publicly supported organizations such as schools and municipalities, and organizations using a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations serving residents of Onondaga and/or Madison counties
- Organizations that have not received a community grant from the Community Foundation in the past 12 months.
- Organizations that have submitted a grant report for any completed program previously funded by the Foundation.
For more information, visit Community Grants.