Using the pooled income from the discretionary funds, Beckley Area Foundation (BAF) addresses the community’s most pressing needs and promising opportunities.
Donor Name: Beckley Area Foundation
State: West Virginia
County: Raleigh County (WV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 11/30/2021
Size of the Grant: $7,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
BAF makes annual discretionary grants to charitable organizations serving Raleigh County in the areas of:
- Health and Human Services
- Animal Services
- Public recreation
- Civic beautification
- Economic Development
BAF places priority on the following types of projects:
- Projects that either serves a significant number of residents or reach a group of under-served residents of Raleigh County.
- Sudden or urgent needs where prior planning for such needs could not reasonably have been made.
- Projects that empower organizations to obtain on-going financial support from other sources.
- Matching grants to provide leverage for additional funding.
- Innovative special projects.
At the current time, no more than $7,000 per year will be awarded to an individual organization through the discretionary grant process. The Distribution Committee tends to look favorably upon those requests that show additional sources of project funding.
Grants are not considered for:
- Projects outside the grant period of April 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023
- On-going maintenance & operating expenses
- Political Purposes or Lobbying
- Sectarian religious programs
- PPE items or materials
- Staff salaries or wages
- Annual Campaigns
The Foundation considers grant requests from organizations which are:
- Designated as a non-profit under Section 501-c-3 of the Internal Revenue Code or is a public institution, school or municipality. An IRS determination letter verifies 501-c-3 status.
- Programs funded must benefit Raleigh County. While the proposed program itself must serve Raleigh County, the applicant organization is not required to be headquartered in Raleigh County.
- Project or program must occur within the defined grant period: April 1, 2022 — March 31, 2023.
- Submission of an application, including all required documents and information, by the application deadline.
For more information, visit Community Grant.