Donor Name: Thomas Scattergood Foundation
Counties: Bucks County (PA), Chester County (PA), Delaware County (PA), Montgomery County (PA), Philadelphia County/ city (PA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
In the this innovative approach, community-based, immigrant-serving organizations define the grantmaking strategy and disseminate grant dollars from a pooled fund. Ultimately, this process shifts the power dynamic in the funder-grantee relationship by asking service providers to not only inform a funding process but to drive it.
The Community Fund serves diverse immigrant communities throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania by providing financial support and capacity building to organizations that remove barriers and provide opportunities for individuals to live with dignity and joy. The Community Fund is stewarded by a granting group of community-based, immigrant-serving organizations and local philanthropic organizations who are deeply committed to shifting power dynamics between philanthropy and service organizations by utilizing a transparent shared decision making process. Listening, learning, and humility are central to this approach. At its core, the Community Fund’s approach is asset driven, drawing on the tremendous expertise, commitment, and resilience of the immigrant and refugee communities in Southeastern PA.
Important components of mental health include an individual’s ability to:
- recognize, express, and manage emotions;
- cope with normal stresses of life;
- relate to others and function in social roles;
- maintain a healthy relationship to addictive substances;
- make a contribution to the community; and
- realize their own potential.
The organization is located in the Greater Philadelphia region, including the following counties: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County.
- Nonprofit Status
- Geographic Location
- Is the organization located in the Greater Philadelphia region, including the following counties: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County?
- Organization Budget Size
- Does the organization have an annual budget of $10 million or less?
- Organization Mission
- Does the organization’s mission state that they work with immigrant and/or refugee communities?
For more information, visit Community Fund for Wellness.