The Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan is seeking applications for the Northeast Michigan Youth Advisory Council (NEMYAC) Grant Program.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan
Counties: Alcona County (MI), Alpena County (MI), Montmorency County (MI), Presque Isle County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Grant Size: $2,500
The NEMYAC is a group of about 50 students, and seven YAC advisors, from the counties of Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle. NEMYAC members learn about philanthropy and how to improve their communities through the grant-making process.
YACs (Youth Advisory Councils) are groups of young philanthropists-in-training who are connected to their community through grantmaking.
- Young people learn the impact giving has for their fellow youth and for the betterment of their own community.
- Local nonprofits receive much-needed funding for important youth projects that would not be likely to occur without these grants.
- YAC grants support a large number of nonprofits. Projects that give our children warm clothing for winter, food to hungry kids and families, support and protect abused or neglected children, provide unique educational and recreational opportunities, keep arts programs in schools, and more are all supported by our YACs. Every grant stays local to benefit programs that affect youth in their communities.
Applicants may submit requests up to a maximum of $2,500 per application cycle.
- Your organization must provide benefits to youth within the counties of Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency or Presque Isle.
- Your organization must be recognized as a non-profit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. (Schools and government agencies are also eligible. Grants to religious organizations will be considered only if they serve the general public and do not have religious overtones of a sectarian nature.)
- All applications for public and parochial school youth-related projects must be submitted to the Youth Advisory Council.
- No grants are made to individuals.
- You will be asked to provide your organization’s EIN.
- A representative from your organization will be required to make a brief presentation to the YAC members.
- You will be notified of the date and location after your proposal has been submitted. Applications requesting $500 or less do not require a presentation.
For more information, visit Youth Advisory.