Donor Name: Community Foundation for Monterey County
County: Monterey County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $2,000 to $30,000
Grants from this special purpose fund will support nonprofit organizations assisting with relief, recovery and rebuilding efforts for individuals and organizations affected by the fire.
Funds may be provided to organizations providing immediate direct relief to individuals in Monterey County impacted from the fires. Some possible activities might include:
- Support for emergency shelter
- Support for evacuees and residents (food, housing and immediate needs)
- Financial assistance to those evacuated, and/or to those displaced or affected by the closure of businesses/employment
- Efforts to support firefighters (equipment, etc.)
Funds may be provided to organizations providing programming in Monterey County for communities impacted from the fires. Some possible activities might include:
- Assist nonprofit organizations with program support and related impacts due to the wildfires and evacuations (Ex: program or service interruptions or relocation and reopening due to evacuations in the affected areas, equipment and other supplies due to evacuations and fire damage in the affected areas).
- Programming to address the related-mental health impact
Due to the size and scope of the fires, the foundation expect the rebuilding efforts to be long-term.
Some possible activities might include:
- Assistance to individuals who lost property (items not covered by insurance)
- Environmental projects to replant and rebuild burn scar areas
- Preparedness projects to help the community build disaster resilience.
Grants are expected to range between $2,000 to $30,000. Organizations may apply for more than one grant during the calendar year, as this fund is intended to be responsive to the ongoing needs of the community.
- Grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and other public agencies serving the communities affected by the wildfires that began in Monterey County in August 2020.
- Businesses and individuals are not eligible to apply at this time.
For more information, visit Fire Relief Fund.