Donor Name: City of Sherwood
Type of Grant: Grant
The Community Enhancement Program (CEP) is an exciting opportunity for citizens to participate in making Sherwood a place where families and businesses thrive.
Projects/programs must meet at least one of the following goals:
- Improve the appearance or environmental quality within the City boundaries
- Increase reuse and recycling opportunities or a reduction in solid waste in the City
- Rehabilitate or upgrade the attractiveness or market value of public areas of residential, commercial or industrial areas within the City boundaries
- Result in the preservation or enhancement of wildlife, riparian zones, wetlands, forestlands and marine areas, and/or improve the public awareness and the opportunities to enjoy them
- Result in improvement to, or an increase in recreational areas and programs in the City
- Result in increases in safety in the City
- Provide work, education or training opportunities for youth, seniors, low income persons or underserved populations in the City
- Increase employment or economic opportunities for City residents
- Enhance art and culture within the City
- The program is open to
- Non-profit entities including without limitation; neighborhood associations, faith-based/religious organizations, charitable organizations with 501(c)(3) status under the Internal Revenue Service
- Schools or institutions of higher learning
- Local governments, local government advisory committees, departments or special districts.
- The project must not promote or inhibit religion
- The project must not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender or sexual orientation.
- The project must not be used to replace any other available source of federal, state, local or regional funds.
- If the project is located on private land, the project application must establish a clear public benefit and must document landowner permission for access.
- The project must provide a benefit to residents of Sherwood.
For more information, visit City of Sherwood.