The Central MN Arts Board is seeking applications for its Community Arts Support Program to provide biennial grants for administration, operations, equipment purchases and to improve access and outreach to underserved groups.
Donor Name: Central MN Arts Board
Counties: Benton County (MN), Sherburne County (MN), Stearns County (MN), Wright County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/26/2022
Size of the Grant: $3,000
Applicants are eligible to receive a minimum of $3,000 or 20% of a completed fiscal year’s eligible operating expense, up to $10,000 whichever is less, distributed annually for a biennium. These funds are awarded to nonprofit arts organizations that demonstrate efficient management and high-quality artistic programming.
Applicants who receive a Community Arts Support grant for FY22, will be approved for the same level of support for the second year of the biennium (FY23), conditional upon funding from the Minnesota State Legislature and a successful interim review.
- The capacity of those providing arts experiences is increased or strengthened by changing, expanding, or
enriching the ways in which they connect to their communities through the arts.
- Regional residents experience increased access to the arts via a reduction in geographic, cultural and/or physical barriers.
- The infrastructure of arts organizations is strengthened through access to operating funds, professional
development and best practices sharing.
- Minnesota’s Arts Sector grows in reach and impact through programs and strategies that improve the health
and operations of regional arts organizations.
Who Can Apply
Established nonprofit 501(c)(3) arts producing/service organizations with annual operating expenses of $250,000, or less, that have been in existence at least two years and located in the Minnesota counties of Benton, Sherburne, Stearns or Wright (Region 7W).
Organizations not Eligible
- For-profit businesses
- Those without an arts-focused mission statement
- Those already receiving Minnesota State Arts Board Operating Funds
- Those without 501(c)(3) status
- Those with less than two-years of established service
- Those with the intent to affect the religious socialization of their participants or audience
- Those with the intent to influence any state or federal legislation or appropriation
- Governmental Units
- CMAB grant recipients with any overdue final reports
For more information, visit Community Arts Support.