Donor Name: CNY Arts
State: New York
Counties: Cortland (NY), Herkimer (NY), Madison (NY), Oneida (NY), Onondaga (NY), Oswego (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Nonprofit Organizations, Individual Artists
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 1/12/2022
Size of the Grant: $500.00 to $5,000.00
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Community Arts Grant supports and enables emerging professional artists and organizations to grow professionally and to enhance the cultural climate of the Central New York and Mohawk Valley communities. All funded CAG projects must be community based and open to the general public.
- Projects that employ artists from historically excluded communities, especially those marginalized on race, geographic location, and ethnicity.
- Projects that engage historically excluded or otherwise underserved communities.
- Projects from first-time applicants.
- Projects that prioritize grant funds for artist fees and compensation.
- Growth or expansion of existing projects from returning applicants.
- New or pilot programs from returning grantees.
- Award Amount: $500.00 to $5,000.00
- Project Period: January 1 to December 31, 2022
- Must be 18 year’s age or older.
- Must be a resident of Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, or Oswego counties.
- Must have a permanent address in the same county as the project location.
- Must provide proof of nonprofit status (including 501(c)(3) status, NYS nonprofit status, and governmental or tribal organization status) OR
- Must be an individual artist, collective, or other unincorporated entity with an eligible Fiscal Sponsor or Community Based Partner in the same county as the project location.
- New York State agencies and departments (including BOCES and SUNY).
- Public, private, or parochial elementary and secondary schools.
- Students enrolled in a two-year or four-year degree program.
- Applicants with open contracts or outstanding Final Reports from previous grant cycles with CNY Arts.
- Applicants who have applied directly to the New York State Council on the Arts for the 2022 grant cycle, regardless of funding status. This includes A.R.T./New York’s Creative Opportunity Fund.
- Ineligible organizations may not serve as Fiscal Sponsors or Community Based Partners for other applicants.
For more information, visit CNY Arts.