The Clay County Community Foundation is seeking applications to provide grants to public charities and governmental organizations that best meet the needs of Clay County.
Donor Name: Clay County Community Foundation (CCCF)
County: Clay County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Grant Size: $10,000
The Clay County Community Foundation distributes funds to non-profit organizations in Clay County each year, thanks to support from the Iowa Legislature and local donors.
Clay County Community Foundation funds can be used for broad, flexible purposes, including: assisting arts and culture, economic development, education, environment, health and human services, recreation areas and supporting high-impact community opportunities. Funds are intended for new projects or for the enhancement or expansion of existing services, programs or facilities.
PLEASE NOTE: On-going operational expenses of an organization are not eligible for grant funding.
CCCF prioritized needs (in no particular order):
- Economic Development/Quality Job Creation – Focus is on innovative non-traditional economic development activities, i.e. youth entrepreneurial development programs, artist entrepreneurship programs, microenterprise lending programs, etc. and creation of new jobs or expansion of existing jobs.
- Activities (Cultural, Recreational, Social and Educational) – Special emphasis is placed on activities that bring people together throughout the county, and that bring people to the county.
- Parks and Outdoor Recreation Facilities – This includes trails, campgrounds and other recreational facilities.
- Utilize and Support Existing Organizations, Resources, Services and Facilities that Contribute to Quality of Life – Includes projects to more effectively market or make services and programs more fully available to people, whether through better marketing or through efforts to accommodate employed parents schedules, or the scheduling preferences or requirements of senior citizens, youth individuals with special needs, etc.
- Health and Human Services – This includes projects offering mental health, medical or dental services and those providing other assistance resources to the community or efforts to help residents find those resources.
- Simple Grant (Grants $3,000 and under)
- Applicants seeking amounts under $3,000 will apply for the Simple Grant.
- Standard Grant (Grants from $3,001 to $10,000)
- Grant requests may range from a $3,000 minimum to a $10,000 maximum.
Eligible CCCF Simple, Standard Grant applicants must be 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations OR units of local government. If neither of these applies, applicant may utilize an eligible Fiscal Sponsor. Generally, CCCF will not consider grants for religious purposes, political activities, endowment, annual fund drives, individuals, capital campaigns, budget deficit or general operating expenses.
For more information, visit The Foundation.