The City of Ventura Community Partnerships Grant Program (CPGP), first developed in 1998, is intended to financially support 501 (c)(3) social service organizations that provide services to Ventura residents.
Donor Name: City of Ventura
County: Ventura County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/25/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,000 to $20,000
The program’s total award funding is $140,000 for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 fiscal years, which will be awarded on a competitive basis with individual, project-based grants ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 for each year of the two-year grant cycle.
Grant funding is restricted to project-based grants that support individual projects and initiatives and not general operating expenses. Funding may not exceed the benefits provided to City of Ventura residents. Funding will be allocated based on community need and impact, the programs, activities, services, and/or initiatives provided, and number of City of Ventura residents served, how closely the organizational mission statement aligns with City priorities, and organizational and fiscal capacity.
The target project areas for this grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- At-Risk Populations
- Disability (Developmental or Physical)
- Domestic Violence
- Environmental Concerns
- Employment Training
- Legal Assistance
- Neighborhood Cleanup
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Transportation Access
- Be located in Ventura County and able to demonstrate services provided to City of Ventura residents.
- Provide proof of 501(c)3 status.
- Be in compliance with all City codes, laws, and ordinances.
- Certify, by means of signature on the application, that they are not delinquent in repaying the City any debt, whether the debt arises from a tax, bill, loan, lease, or other financial obligation. Organizations with a delinquent indebtedness to the City are ineligible to receive funding through this grant.
- Be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and operate so as not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
- Have satisfied the requirements of any previously awarded Community Partnerships Grant from the City of Ventura, including completion of mid-cycle and final reports.
- Maintain ongoing liability insurance with a minimum of $2 million aggregate, and $1 million per occurrence general liability coverage.
Restrictions & Limitations
- Organizations that receive line-item budgetary support from the City, independent of the Community Partnerships Grant Program are not eligible to apply.
- Grant funds may not be used to fund organizations or programs whose primary functions include legislative programs intended to influence public opinion, political campaigns of candidates, public relations programs designed to influence public opinion, conduct of religious activities intended to indoctrinate individuals in or to carry out the intent or practice of religious beliefs. If an agency operates under religious auspices, it must clearly distinguish between services of a health and welfare nature and those of a religious nature.
- No grant funds may be used for the payment of any debt, debt interest or deficit reduction; commercial enterprises; any fines and penalties; building or remodeling of facilities, furniture, or fixtures; lobbying any public agency or office; out of state travel; hospitality or food costs; placement of grant funds into trust, endowment, or contingency funds; expenses for projects that have already been completed.
For more information, visit Community Partnership Grant.