The City of Tacoma’s Historic Preservation Office has announced its 2023 Heritage Project Grant.
Donor Name: City of Tacoma
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000 – $10,000
The 2023 Heritage Grant Program is intended to support projects that increase public awareness and access to Tacoma’s history, as well as and support the City of Tacoma’s policy goals regarding equity and antiracism.
The matching grants, totaling $40,000, can be awarded for amounts between $1,000 and $10,000 for projects.
Applicants must have their offices or primary location of activities within the Tacoma city limits. The following organizations are eligible for the Heritage Grant Program:
- Private non-profits with any 501(c) designation
- Organized group of community volunteers (for example, a business district or neighborhood council with an advisory body, business license, and organizational bank account). Submissions must come from an organization.
- Public agencies and educational institutions
Uses of Funds
Funding can be used for a number of activities, including:
- Exhibitions, workshops, events or educational activities
- Development and production of interpretive materials
- Professional services required to research a historical publication or register nomination
- Documentation of an artifact or historical site,
- A historic site assessment, conservation materials, and, in some limited cases, capacity building for organizations with heritage as their primary mission
For more information, visit City of Tacoma.