The City of Norfolk is now accepting applications from local nonprofits for its 2023 Emergency Solutions Grant.
Donor Name: City of Norfolk
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
Contract Period: 1 year
- Engage homeless individuals and families living on the street;
- Improve the number and quality of emergency shelters for homeless individuals and families;
- Help operate these shelters;
- Provide essential services to shelter residents;
- Rapidly re-house homeless individuals and families; and
- Prevent families and individuals from becoming homeless.
ESG funds may be used for five program components: street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention, rapid re-housing assistance, and HMIS; as well as administrative activities (up to 7.5% of a recipient’s allocation can be used for administrative activities).
- Local Government
- Non Profits
- This is a competitive process. Award recipients are not guaranteed funding year to year.
- The lead organization applying for the grant must have an IRS designation of 501(c)(3), or be a government or quasi-government agency.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they will address the needs of homeless people in emergency or transitional shelters or assist people to quickly regain stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis and/or homelessness.
- Recipients also required to participate in the regional Continuum of Care and utilize the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for client data (or an equivalent database for victim service providers).
For more information, visit City of Norfolk.