Mini Grants Program for Community Engagement and Restoration is designed to engage Maryland residents in activities that enhance communities, engage residents, and improve natural resources.
Donor Name: Chesapeake Bay Trust
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $5,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
- Provide funding to veterans’ groups who have a project idea that benefits those who have served in the military and natural resources (such as native wildlife (birds, pollinators, and other species), greenery in local parks, rural or urban forests, streams, rivers, and other natural spaces);
- Engage veterans in community-based restoration and protection; and
- Introduce the grant lifecycle to applicants who may not be experienced in applying for grants.
What this funds: Activities such as tree plantings, rain gardens, stream cleanups, and storm drain stenciling.
- Funding Availability: The Trust anticipates funds available in FY22 of up to $50,000.
- How much can be awarded: Up to $5,000.
- Project Timeline: Projects must be completed within 12 months upon receipt of the award. Requests to extend project completion period will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis. When a project is complete, grantees are required to submit a completed final report from with supporting materials/products.
Nonprofit organizations, community associations, faith-based organizations and more. The Trust seeks to engage groups that have traditionally been under-engaged with environmental issues but also new applicants and organizations from a diverse array of communities. Only applicants who have received three grants or fewer from the Trust in the past are eligible to apply.
For more information, visit Chesapeake Bay Trust.