The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts (CFWM) is seeking applications for its 2022 Flexible Funding Opportunity to support nonprofits that benefit the region.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts (CFWM)
Counties: Franklin County (MA), Hampden County (MA), Hampshire County (MA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/16/2022
Grant Size: $30,000
- Diversity, equity and inclusion in workplaces and institutions, prioritizing racial equity.
- A strong start for all children though high-quality early education and care.
- Accessible and more affordable post-secondary education and training, providing pathways to completion and employment.
- A vibrant and local arts and creativity ecosystem to support self-expression, economic vitality and connection.
Preference will also be given to organizations where leadership is racially diverse.
There will be a minimum of $2,000,000 for this grant opportunity with a goal of awarding at least 75% of the funds to organizations aligned with the Foundation’s stated strategic focus areas. This opportunity will award grants of $30,000 to support organizations for calendar year with the expectation that awarded funds will be expended by December 31, 2023.
- Eligible organizations must have IRS designated 501(c)(3) status or an established fiscal sponsorship and must substantially benefit residents in Franklin, Hampden and/or Hampshire counties.
- Multiple sources of funding support this opportunity including some geographic or programmatic restrictions.
Funding cannot support the following:
- Expenses that occur outside the 6-month funding timeframe
- Grants to individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations unless as a fiscal sponsor for a broad community benefit
- Activities directly or indirectly that influence legislation or election campaigns; activities related to influencing government policies, permitting or regulations will not be considered.
- Higher education scholarships
- Academic research
For more information, visit Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts (CFWM).