Nonprofit organizations in Cayuga County are encouraged to apply for grants to fund innovative projects in the areas of: arts and culture, civic affairs, education, health, human services and the environment.
Donor Name: Central New York Community Foundation
State: New York
County: Cayuga County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/15/2022
Grant Size: $10,000
The Leadership Council looks for innovative programs that address problems to be solved, or opportunities to be seized, in Cayuga County. Priority is given to capacity-building activities and new projects within an organization rather than ongoing projects/programs. The foundation invite proposals that:
- Suggest practical approaches to community problems.
- Promote cooperation among agencies without duplicating services.
- Generate community support, both professional and volunteer.
- Strengthen an agency’s effectiveness or stability.
- Address prevention as well as remediation.
The Foundation does not make grants for the following:
- Recurring grants to a program previously supported.
- Annual operating budgets, except when it is “seed” or “bridge” funding.
- Religious purposes.
- Loans or assistance to individuals.
- Medical or academic research (except where requested by a donor).
- Activities that occurred before the Cayuga Fund’s decision date.
Grant requests should not exceed $10,000.
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, publicly supported organizations such as schools and municipalities, and organizations using a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations serving residents of Cayuga County.
- Organizations that have completed any projects/programs previously funded by the Cayuga Fund.
For more information, visit Cayuga Community Fund.