The Opportunity Grants are intended to support smaller program needs and other time sensitive efforts where a small grant will impact a non-profit organization and the clients they serve.
Donor Name: Cass County Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $5,000
The mission of Cass County Community Foundation honors the spirit of giving and assists donors in building enduring sources of charitable assets to promote education, enhance humanity and advance community development throughout Cass County.
Requests of up to $5,000.
Organizations classified as 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charities by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible for grants. Public entities such as schools, municipalities, and libraries may also qualify. Organizations must be located in or provide services for the benefit of Cass County.
The applying organization must be current on all grant reports due to the Cass County Community Foundation.
Grants will not be made:
- To individuals
- For events, performances, seminars, or trips unless there are unusual circumstances which will benefit the community
- For individual school needs, unless approved in writing by the school administration
- To faith-based organizations unless the project in question is not religious in nature, is not restricted based on faith, and involves no faith-based proselytizing.
- Replacing a gradual loss of funding/declining donation income or lost government funding
- Providing interim funding while waiting for government reimbursement
- Addressing problems resulting from an organization’s failure to adequately plan or exercise duty of care (Examples: failure to plan for maintenance costs or replacement costs of existing assets, failure to pay taxes, not anticipating construction contingency costs)
For more information, visit Opportunity Grants.