The CareSource Foundation, through the CareSource Foundation Grant Challenge, would like to support those community-based organizations that are focused on demonstrating effective, practical solutions to address the needs of children and youth in complex care.
Donor Name: CareSource Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $400,000
Children First defines “medically complex” as a term used when a child has a medical condition that requires ongoing specialized care. The medical condition can vary from rare illnesses to premature birth, and even incidents involving some sort of physical trauma. These conditions are typically functionally limiting and, in some cases, life-threating. Furthermore, of the 400,000 Florida children with behavioral health disorders, only about 200,000 are getting treatment of any kind – and those not receiving intervention tend to be populations where families are disadvantaged for many reasons. It is for these reasons that the CareSource Foundation is sponsoring this investment in community organizations focused on addressing these challenges.
Applicants should be organizations or programs that address the following areas:
- Improve well-being and quality of life for children and youth with special healthcare needs by increasing access to appropriate, medically necessary screening, diagnostic and treatment services.
- Reduce health risks that lead to potentially preventable events, including emergency department visits.
- Use a data-driven and community-based approach to advance interventions that reduce health disparities among children and youth with special healthcare needs in communities of color or other lifetime or lifestyle differences.
- Promote strong families and communities by creating safe, stable and nurturing environments that build family resilience and reduce caregiver fatigue and burnout.
- Support early childhood learning and development through regular access to ongoing healthcare, proper nutrition, regular sleep and a healthy amount of activities.
- Address Social Determinants of Health to improve the quality of life for infants, toddlers, children, teens, young adults and their families.
The CareSource Foundation will be distributing over $400,000 in grants for the Florida Grant Challenge. Winners will be announced during the CareSource Foundation Grant Challenge Reception
Organizations must be a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit entity, according to the Internal Revenue Code.
For more information, visit CareSource Foundation.