Capacity Building Grants assist nonprofits in achieving new levels of effectiveness. Their purpose is to strengthen the leadership and management of Frederick County’s nonprofit organizations by helping them build systems and find resources such as consultants to facilitate the organization’s progress in achieving the goals.
Donor Name: Ausherman Family Foundation
County: Frederick County (MD)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,500 to $25,000
Grant Duration: 12 Months
Grants may be awarded for:
- Planning Activities
- Board & Leadership Development
- Strategic Relationships
- Providing technical assistance/consultant support to help two or more organizations work through collaboration and strategic restructuring; positioning for merger or affiliation, or business planning for social enterprise.
- Internal Operations
- Technology Improvements
- IT capacity through upgrades to hardware and software, networking, websites, and staff training to optimize the use of technology.
- Requests can range from $2,500 to $25,000.
- Applicants are eligible to receive one Capacity Building Grant per 12-month period.
- Tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Physically located in Frederick County, Maryland.
- Healthy operating budget and ability/willingness to expand based on the outcome of the grant.
- Strong board and executive leadership.
- Clearly defined mission.
- Commitment of time and resources to build capacity.
For more information, visit Capacity Building Grants.