The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is pleased to announce a competitive grant opportunity to support nonprofits as they increase access to emergency services and immediate assistance for the most basic of human needs for vulnerable residents in Greater Hartford.
Donor Name: Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $20,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Items and services may include food, personal care items, emergency financial aid, one-time medical device or medical aid assistance, immediate or informal case management services, or other critical basic needs you see in the community you serve.
The Foundation is seeking requests to directly provide emergency services and assistance that address the most basic of human needs of Greater Hartford residents. Examples of emergency services and assistance might include one or more of the following:
- Food or food assistance
- Emergency clothing needs (e.g., shoes, school uniforms, coats)
- Personal care items (e.g., deodorant, diapers, sanitary products)
- Emergency financial assistance (e.g., rent and/or mortgage assistance and utility expense assistance, childcare assistance, bus fare/tokens, gas money)
- Emergency medical aid or immediate expense assistance (e.g., dental, medical, mental health supports, and prescription expenses)
- Aftercare programs for victims of domestic violence
- Emergency and/or informal case management services
- The Foundation welcomes requests of $1,000 – $15,000 for individual projects and up to $20,000 for collaborative projects for items and/or services to be provided during a one-year time-period.
- Applications must be submitted by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Community groups can use an organization with a 501(c)(3) designation as a fiscal sponsor. Nonprofits may serve as a fiscal sponsor for multiple projects.
- A nonprofit or community group can only submit one application for one project or program each round for consideration. If you receive a grant in June, you are not eligible to receive a grant in October.
- Preference will be given to organizations and groups not currently receiving multi-year support from the Foundation.
- Requests from the Foundation’s entire service area will be considered. However, this RFP prioritizes serving vulnerable residents in Foundation towns where the percentage of households living under Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained and Employed (ALICE) or below the Federal Poverty Line is comparable to or higher than the State percentage.
- Requests will be reviewed using the rubric available here.
For more information, visit Hartford Foundation For Public Giving.