The ArtsWave Young Professionals (YP) Grant Program began in 2016 and is an initiative that provides funding to support programming that engages young professionals. The funding to support the FY2023 YP Grant Program will come from donations made by young professionals to the 2022 ArtsWave Community Campaign.
Donor Name: ArtsWave
States: Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/07/2022
Size of the Grant: up to $15,000
ArtsWave’s research on arts engagement in the community revealed the power of the arts to attract, engage, and retain residents. Community members who reported a high level of arts engagement also showed high levels of civic engagement, reported a growing circle of friends, and had a higher opinion of the quality of life in Greater Cincinnati.
Grant awards will be given up to $15,000. There is no matching funding requirement for this grant; however, priority will be given to proposals that have a financial commitment from other sources (including in-kind).
ArtsWave recognizes there is a lack of resources dedicated to programming specifically for young professionals. This grant program is designed to provide both seed funding to support the development of new programming, as well as short-term operating support for existing programming with a demonstrated impact.
To be eligible for the FY2023 YP Grant Program, the proposed programming should:
- Be participatory, social, and recurring
- Encourage personal investment in the organization and/or community
- Seek to increase engagement among young professionals who are already engaged in the arts community
- Strive to reach young professionals that are not already engaged
- Have a plan for long-term sustainability
Proposed programming must take place between September 1, 2022-July 15, 2023, and not be completed by grant award notification. Interim Report presentations will take place in March 2023. Final reports will be due August 31, 2023.
Who May Apply
ArtsWave believes that strong arts create strong communities and actively seeks to promote access, equity, and inclusiveness in its grantmaking. To be eligible for the FY2023 Young Professionals Grant Program, an organization must meet all the following requirements:
- Have a 501(c)3 tax status or be non-profit in nature with an established fiscal agent.
- Be based in the Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN MSA, which includes the following counties: Brown, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren Counties in Ohio; Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton Counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, and Union Counties in Indiana.
- Have a primary mission to provide programs or activities in areas directly concerned with arts or cultural heritage for the general public.
- Does not currently have an active Young Professionals Grant with ArtsWave and has successfully completed all previous Young Professionals grant requirements.
- Embody ArtsWave’s commitment to access, equity, and inclusiveness.
ArtsWave will not award grant support to organizations that, in their constitution, bylaws, or practices, discriminate against a person or group because of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious belief. In doing so, we seek to promote respect for all people.
NOTE: Applicants new to ArtsWave must schedule an introductory phone call at least one week prior to the application deadline. Returning applicants are also encouraged to reach out with any questions they may have related to their project or application.
UPDATE: Beginning with the FY23 grant cycle, an organization may apply for funding for two (2) consecutive years and then will be required to take one (1) year off before applying for the YP grant program again.
For more information, visit Young Professionals Grant.