In alignment with ArtsWave’s intention to promote and celebrate all the ways that the region is diverse, and to create inclusive arts experiences that are also exciting and innovative, the ArtsWave Pride Grant Program requests proposals for projects that may appeal to or have relevance to the broader LGBTQIA+ community.
Donor Name: ArtsWave
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $25,000
The purpose of the ArtsWave Pride Grant Program is to promote, celebrate, and create inclusive arts experiences that may appeal to or have relevance to the broader LGBTQIA community. ArtWave Pride grants will provide funding for arts or cultural heritage projects that advance Cincinnati’s reputation as a welcoming and inclusive community through the arts.
- Funding requests may be made up to $25,000 and should be an appropriate request in relation to the full project budget being submitted.
The ArtsWave Pride Grant Program provides funding for arts or cultural heritage projects that promote and/or celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community, advancing Cincinnati’s reputation as a welcoming and inclusive community through the arts. A project is defined as a specific activity with explicit goals and objectives. Projects with multiple components and/or event dates must show a cohesive theme that tie the entire project together.
This grant program is designed to provide both seed funding to support the development of new programming, as well as short-term operating support for existing programming with a demonstrated impact of inclusivity.
The ArtsWave Pride grant is intended for LGBTQIA+ programming with an arts component that transcends events/projects framed as Pride celebrations or parties. Applicants are encouraged to develop projects that align with the stated purpose of this grant and that occur outside the annual Pride season.
To be eligible for the 2024 ArtsWave Pride Grant Program, the proposed programming should:
- Be participatory and social
- Align with one or more goals of ArtsWave’s Blueprint for Collective Action
- Engage and/or celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community
- Not have received funding through another ArtsWave project grant since January 1, 2023 (see note in previous section)
To be eligible for the FY2024 ArtsWave Pride Grant Program, an organization must meet all the following requirements:
- Have a 501(c)3 tax status or be non-profit in nature with an established fiscal agent.
- Be based in the Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN MSA, which includes the following counties: Brown, Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren Counties in Ohio; Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton Counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, and Union Counties in Indiana.
- Have a primary mission to provide programs or activities in areas directly concerned with arts or cultural heritage for the public.
- Provide programs or activities that celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Does not currently have an active ArtsWave Pride grant and has successfully completed all previous ArtsWave Pride grant requirements.
- Have not received funding through another ArtsWave project grant since January 1, 2023
- Embody ArtsWave’s commitment to access, equity, and inclusiveness.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of community volunteers and awarded by the ArtsWave Board of Directors using the following criteria:
- Programming is participatory, social and part of an overall plan tto engage the LGBTQ+ community.
- Programming is in alignment with the selected goal(s) in the Blueprint for Collective Action.
- Programming promotes and/or celebrates the diversity of the LGBTQIA+ community within their region.
- Programming engages members of the LGBTQIA+ community in the development, implementation, and marketing of this program.
- The proposed grant amount request is appropriate, and the project budget is sufficient to execute the project.
For more information, visit ArtsWave.