ArtsMemphis is inviting applicants for its ArtsFirst Grants Program to promote excellence and enrichment in the arts in Memphis.
Donor Name: ArtsMemphis
County: Shelby County (TN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Grant Duration: 1 year
Art lifts the spirits and expands horizons. Because art plays a vital role in a healthy community, expressing the diversity within the common humanity, the First Horizon Foundation is a long-time supporter of the arts through ArtsFirst. Leveraging the grant-making expertise of ArtsMemphis while ensuring a continued significant impact in the community. The grant panel is composed of First Horizon Foundation representatives, who make all funding decisions.
The First Horizon Foundation focuses contributions to strengthen these vital signs of a strong community:
- Arts & Culture:
- Promoting excellence and enrichment in the arts
- Education & Leadership:
- Educating, developing the next generation of leaders
- A more sustainable tomorrow, future
- Financial Literacy:
- Investing in the financial future
- Health & Human Services:
- Improving the well-being of our communities
- Nonprofit organizations with an arts-based mission in Shelby County, Tennessee with a minimum three-year history of presenting quality arts programs are eligible to apply.
- Organizations must have an active and supportive Board of Directors and be organized as a 501(c)3.
- If your mission does not solely address art, you are not eligible to apply. Your organizational mission must be focused on an arts discipline only in order to be eligible.
ArtsFirst grants may be used to support the following activities between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023:
- General Operating Support
- Capital Campaign Support
- Project Support
ArtsFirst Grants may not be used to support:
- Trips and Tours
- Charities sponsored solely by a single civic organization
- Charities that redistribute funds to other charitable organizations, except in the case of recognized united fund-type organizations
- K-12 Schools and solely religious, social or fraternal organizations
- Political organizations or those having the primary purpose of influencing legislation or promoting a particular ideological point of view
- Operating budget deficits
For more information, visit ArtsFirst Grants.