Donor Name: Metro Regional Arts Council
Counties: Anoka County (MN), Carver County (MN), Dakota County (MN), Hennepin County (MN), Ramsey County (MN), Scott County (MN), Washington County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/07/2022
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
The Arts Impact for Groups grant provides up to $10,000 in funding for groups led by Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC); and/or People with Disabilities (PWD); and/or Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual/Agender, Two-Spirit (LGBTQIA2+). Groups must be located in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington county. This grant is designed to be an infusion of funds to support a group’s ability to create access to the arts.
Grant proposal could include an arts programming activity such as a single event (e.g. theater production) or a series (e.g. semester of painting classes). Organizational capacity activities might include a coordinated management effort that bolsters the organization’s ability to do its work (like rebranding, building a website, or overhauling financial tracking systems), and/or could include the purchase of equipment, or making facilities improvements. Operations activities could be those that support the ongoing operations of a group (such as paying staff salaries or rent on a space). All of these types of activities, independently, or in some combination, could be the organization’s “project” or “program.”
The requirements listed below are intended to give a sense of the program and are NOT comprehensive. Please read the complete guidelines before beginning your application and contact your program director with questions.
- To be eligible for the Arts Impact for Groups, groups/organizations must be located in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington county.
- Additionally, at least 51% of the leadership staff must identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC); and/or People with Disabilities (PWD); and/or Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual/Agender, Two-Spirit (LGBTQIA2+).
- To MRAC, group “leaders” are defined as the people who are in positions of power. Include core decision-makers of the group’s overall operations. This must include all board members and executive director or equivalent positions. If applicable, include an advisory committee.
The applicant group must also be organized in one of these ways:
- Arts groups and organizations:
- Federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organizations with annual operating expenses of $400,000 or less.
- Cultural groups and organizations:
- Federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) cultural nonprofit organizations that provide arts and non-arts programming with annual arts programming expenses of $400,000 or less.
- Fiscally sponsored groups with art projects: Groups who are not incorporated as a federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with annual operating expenses of $400,000 or less. Fiscally sponsored groups also must consist of at least 3 people who are on the leadership team. Fiscally sponsored groups must have a fiscal sponsor.
- Other eligible groups:
For more information, visit Arts Impact for Groups.