Arctic Slope Community Foundation is pleased to continue its longtime tradition of grantmaking in the 2021 Grants cycle.
Donor Name: Arctic Slope Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $150,000
ASCF funding priorities are for those proposals that support:
- Food Security Grants: Program funding for the purchase of grocery items for distribution at local food banks. Capital/commodity funding for capital/commodity purchases for equipment, a commodity, or making a minor capital improvement to enable food bank operations.
- Healthy Communities Grants: Proposals support health, safety, and human/social services.
- Proposals support Inupiaq arts, culture, and language projects and initiatives.
- Education Grants: To provide resources for educational projects and initiatives.
The ASCF Grant Program funds the following types of grants:
- Event: Choose “event” if the duration of the charitable activity described in the proposal is less than a week.
- Project: Choose “project” if the duration of the charitable activity described in the proposal has a beginning and ending date and lasts between one week and three years.
- Program: Choose “program” if the duration of the charitable activity described in the proposal is ongoing.
- Capital/Commodity: Choose “capital/commodity” if you are purchasing equipment, a commodity, or making a minor capital improvement that will allow you to serve or further your ability to serve your clients.
Level of Grant Funds
- Micro-purchases (Up to $10,000)
- Small purchases (Requests up to $150,000)
- Large purchases ($150,000 and higher)
Applicants must fit into one of the following categories:
- 501(c)(3) organization
- Government entity
- Federally recognized tribe
- Public educational institution
- Religious institution
Grant Proposal Requirements
Approval of ASCF grant funds are based on the following criteria:
- All required documents are submitted for review by the ASCF Grants Committee and/or ASCF Board of Directors.
- Proposal Requests demonstrate the following:
- Supports the mission and goals of the Arctic Slope Community Foundation.
- Supports one or more of the following Arctic Slope communities:
- Anaktuvuk Pass
- Point Hope
- Point Lay
- Utqiagvik (Barrow)
- The proposal must have support from the community leaders and the Arctic Slope community.
- The proposal is not a reproduction of efforts carried out by similar organizations in the community; and
- The proposal complies with State and Federal statutes for eligibility.
For more information, visit Arctic Slope Community Foundation .