Applications are now open for the Shelby County Community Foundation Grant Program to improve the quality of life in Shelby County by supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services.
Donor Name: Omaha Community Foundation
County: Shelby County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Grant Size: $125,000
The objective of its grant programs is to fund projects that will have a permanent impact on, and in, Shelby County. As an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, the Shelby County Community Foundation was established in 1998.
As part of this spring grant cycle, approximately $125,000 is available to support Shelby County nonprofit organizations and community projects.
- Only Federally recognized and certified 501(c)(3) Public Charity organizations or municipal entities that serve the specified county are eligible to apply. An Iowa nonprofit status is insufficient.
- Concerning the use of a Fiscal Sponsor:
- You may use a Fiscal Sponsor if your organization is not a verifiable 501(c)(3) Public Charity or local municipality.
- A Fiscal Sponsor is a nonprofit organization that holds an IRS letter of determination certifying they are a 501(c)(3) Public Charity, or a governmental entity such as a City or County Board of Supervisors.
- Prior to consideration for funding, a Fiscal Sponsor must verify approval of their sponsorship of your application by completing a fiscal sponsorship agreement form.
- Community Foundation staff will send the required form to the fiscal sponsor listed on your application after the submission period has ended.
- If your grant request is awarded, the check will be made out to the Fiscal Sponsor. The Fiscal Sponsor is the entity that is accepting responsibility for the distribution of funds as outlined in the grant application.
- Applications requiring a Fiscal Sponsor that are submitted without the appropriate contact information will not be considered.
For more information, visit Omaha Community Foundation.