Donor Name: Comer Family Foundation
State: All States
County: All Counties
Territory: Puerto Rico
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,500 to $20,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
- Organizations in geographic areas in which access to sterile syringes can be dramatically improved
- Organizations serving areas in which policy improvements can have local, state, and/or national impact
- Organizations serving areas with higher HIV/AIDS and HCV prevalence, injection drug use prevalence, overdose incidence
- Organizations led by and for Black, Indigenous, and people of color
- Organizations led by people who use drugs
- Organizations with limited funding available for harm reduction
- Organizations actively developing local and community financial support
- Statewide strategic partnerships
Types of Funding Available
- General operating funds including harm reduction supplies
- Program development, education, and mobilization
- Staff development and technical assistance
Average single-year grants range from $2,500 to $20,000.
Eligibility Requirements & Criteria
The Comer Family Foundation will make grants to organizations that are exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that are not classified as private foundations under section 509(a) of the code. Syringe Service Programs must be in operation for one full year before application submission. We welcome applications from organizations that require a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations with total organizational budgets less than $600,000
- Organizations grounded in harm reduction principle and practice providing access to sterile syringes, safer smoking, and snorting kits, through comprehensive harm reduction syringe service programs (SSPs)
- Harm reduction syringe service programs in operation for one full year
The following documentation is required in order to complete your application:
- Project budget, including income and expenses
- A recent copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- If your organization is not a 501(c)(3), please include a signed letter of agreement from your fiscal sponsor and a copy of its 501(c)(3) letter.
- A list of the organization’s Board of Directors including professional/community affiliations
- Optional: Current letters of support for your organization
For more information, visit Comer Family Foundation.