The Gardens Buffalo Niagara is accepting applications for its Lunenfeld Beautification Grants for beautification projects for block clubs and community groups throughout Buffalo.
Donor Name: Gardens Buffalo Niagara
State: New York
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/15/2022
What projects are eligible?
If you can answer “yes” to each of the following questions, your community green space is eligible for the Lunenfeld Beautification Grant and you are encouraged to proceed with the application:
- Is your project located within the City of Buffalo?
- Is your project related to gardening and beautification?
- Is your project visible from the street?
- Is your project in a publicly accessible area (not a private yard)?
- Is your organization or group a registered non-profit (501(c)3) or sponsored by a registered non-profit?
Your application will be reviewed by a group of volunteers devoted to Buffalo. They want to support projects that are creative, include community participation, and have a positive impact in your neighborhood and on the environment.
What information and documentation are needed to apply?
- If you are a non-profit, you will submit a copy of your 501(c)3 exemption letter. Note that this is not the same as a sales tax exemption certificate issued by New York State.
- If you are not a non-profit, you can ask for sponsorship from a 501(c)3 sponsor, such as Grassroots Gardens, Inc., etc.
- A description of your project.
- A budget for your project, including proposed plant materials, other supplies, and matching funds (as described above). Complete one of the forms below and upload it into the appropriate application field. View a sample budget.
For more information, visit Gardens Buffalo Niagara.