The Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2023 Hermantown Community Fund.
Donor Name: Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $250 to $1,000
The fund grants awards to initiatives that meet the needs of the community in the following areas: arts, community and economic development, education, environment and human services. The fund may, from time to time, emphasize one area over another when emerging needs or opportunities require special attention. Within the areas of focus, projects receive priority if they:
- Are new collaborative or organizational efforts that address budget or service deficiencies resulting from funding shortages
- Address underlying causes of community problems or prevent problems
- Build the organization’s program and/or management capacity or quality
- Respond to well-documented community needs and/or require a moderate amount of grant money but produce significant results
Grants generally range from $250 to $1,000.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located in or provide services to residents of the Hermantown Community Fund’s primary service area, defined as the boundaries of the Hermantown School District.
For more information, visit DSACF.