Forward Turn is a youth-led charitable grantmaking program that takes a “forward turn” to benefit communities in Fauquier and Loudoun Counties.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
Counties: Loudoun County (VA), Fauquier County (VA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500 to $1,500
Forward Turn is a partner with the Youth Advisory Council in Loudoun County and funded by the S. Murray and Mary H.C. Rust Student Philanthropy Project endowment fund of the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties. Forward Turn Youth Advisors consider applications that Strengthen Positive Lifestyles, Create United Communities, and Encourage Community Involvement in Loudoun and Fauquier Counties.
The Community Foundation and its Forward Turn Youth Advisors will consider applications that Strengthen Positive Youth Lifestyle, Create United Youth Communities, and Encourage Community Youth Involvement in Loudoun and Fauquier Counties. They have a strong preference for youth involvement in the application process. Here are some ideas for grant programs, but they are interested in your ideas, too:
- Address substance use disorders and/or eating disorders in teens
- Educate teen users about internet safety
- Offer educational mentoring or tutoring programs for youth
- Teach tolerance and anti-bullying to teens
- Improve school attendance, reduce high-school dropout, and improve teen motivation
- Demonstrate road safety and safe driving practices
- Build meaningful links between youth, adults, and/or elderly
- Abate teen pregnancy
- Help with teen hunger, clothing, shelter, and poverty influences
- Bring awareness and helpful programs for teen depression and suicide
- Support programs that protect and preserve their environment
- Proposals written by teen applicants!
- Projects that include collaboration with another student, group, faith-based organization, or charitable nonprofit
- Projects that leverage additional resources, like volunteer time, in-kind gifts of materials or supplies, or that are matched by other funding sources
- Ideas that have high impact with a small grant
- Grants usually range from $500 to $1,500 (you must request a specific amount of funding in your application).
- Forward Turn grant applicants may be faith-based organizations, local nonprofit organizations, government groups, or schools serving Loudoun and/or Northern Fauquier Counties. Nonprofit organizations must be a 501(c)(3) public charity in good standing with the IRS.
- They prioritize grant proposals written by youth. However, the grant application may be written and prepared by an adult project leader, but they do require that a youth volunteer and program participant write a Letter of Endorsement and submitted with the grant application.
For more information, visit Forward Turn Youth.