The City of Tacoma is now accepting Community Arts Projects funding applications from eligible organizations and groups producing publicly accessible arts programming, across all artistic disciplines, within Tacoma city limits in 2023.
Donor Name: City of Tacoma
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/31/2022
Grant Size: $3,000 or $6,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Community Arts Projects funding can be used for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, artistic presentations, activities, events, workshops, experiences, festivals, performances, or other projects that are accessible to the general public – either in-person and/or virtually.
- Organizations, projects, or strategies that primarily give voice to:
- Racial justice and/or social justice
- Economically or socio-economically marginalized communities
- LGBTQIA+ communities
- People with disabilities
- Organizations whose primary intentions, practices, and mission are by, for, and about people of the global majority / Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) / African, Latinx, Arab, Asian, Native-American (ALAANA) communities
- Organizations who will use Community Arts Projects funding to directly pay people of the global majority / Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) / African, Latinx, Arab, Asian, Native-American (ALAANA) collaborators to create work that is central to the project
- Projects that will address emergent community needs
- Applicants can apply for either $3,000 or $6,000 for their project.
- Funded projects must be completed between January 1 – December 31, 2023.
Eligibility extends to private non-profit corporations with a 501(c) designation, organized groups of people working together towards a specific mission or purpose, for-profit businesses or educational institutions producing projects that are non-profit in nature, and tribes or Native non-profit organizations. Applicants are required to have offices or their place of business within Tacoma or, if they have no offices, a majority of their activities must take place within Tacoma city limits. Other eligibility requirements apply.
You are eligible to apply if you answer ‘YES’ to one of these:
- Are you a 501(c) non-profit corporation, incorporated under the laws of Washington State and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) (i.e. 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4))?
- Are you an organized group of people working together towards a specific mission or purpose, with an organizational bank account? Submissions must come from an organized group, not an individual.
- Are you a for-profit business, with a Federal Tax ID number (EIN), wishing to produce a community arts project that is non-profit in nature? This means that the project is for public benefit rather than for profit and is separate from your regular business functions.
- Are you an educational institution wishing to produce a community arts project that is non-profit in nature?
- Are you a tribe or Native non-profit organization?
For more information, visit City of Tacoma.