The Akron Community Foundation’s Summit County Opioid Healing Fund is now open for nonprofits to support Summit County residents directly impacted by the opioid epidemic.
Donor Name: Akron Community Foundation
County: Summit County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/10/2021
Grants Size: $25,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
This fund was developed to recognize and aid the work of the organizations tirelessly working with limited resources and institutional support to respond, rebuild and recover from the opioid epidemic.
The foundation has established grantmaking priorities for the Summit County Opioid Healing Fund. Grant applications must address at least one of the following priorities to be considered (see examples on reverse):
- Community-based strategies that support the priorities of the Summit County Opiate Abatement Plan:
- Harm Reduction
- Programs, projects or events that offer increased opportunities for:
- In total, Akron Community Foundation will award $500,000 in Summit County Opioid Settlement Funds through two grant processes.
- Summit County Opioid Healing Fund provides grants of up to $25,000.
- Funds awarded are expected to be used within the next 12 months.
- Any funded programs/projects must benefit Summit County residents and be conducted in Summit County by a Summit County organization.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations or must use a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Grantees will be required to submit a grant report on how the funds were allocated and provide an update on deliverables, including goals and objectives of the program, project or event.
- Funding is one-time only.
- Preference will be given to organizations and proposals that agree to work collaboratively with others in the community to make a long-term impact.
- Priority will be given to organizations that are meeting the needs of minority/diverse populations.
- Priority will be given to projects that are currently not being funded by the Summit County ADM Board.
- Priority will be given to smaller, more grassroot type organizations who are not able to secure support from other, larger funders.
For more information, visit Akron Community Foundation.