The Foundation for the Tri-State Community is seeking applications for the 21st-Century Grant Program to improve the quality of life for the entire region.
Donor Name: Foundation for the Tri-State Community
State: Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky
County: Boyd County (KY), Greenup County (KY), Lawrence County (OH), Cabell County (WV) ,and Wayne County (WV)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500 to $5,000
The Foundation for the Tri-State Community Inc. is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt philanthropic corporation – and the community foundation serving the Tri-State area of eastern Kentucky, southwestern West Virginia and southern Ohio. The Foundation works with and through as many individuals and organizations as possible to improve quality of life for the entire region. Foundation funds:
- Assist those who need food, shelter, health care, education and/or technical training;
- Celebrate the arts, encourage excellence in education and enhance the area’s natural beauty;
- Care for animals by promoting responsible pet ownership, encouraging adoptions, providing free spay/neuter procedures and supporting local shelters and dog parks;
- Afford maximum tax advantages;
- Enable commingling of funds, helping to maximize returns and minimize risk through diversification and asset allocation;
- Adhere to a donor’s wishes, with the knowledge and experience of the Foundation’s staff helping to ensure each gift is used most effectively;
- Make it possible for successful individuals and businesses to “give back” to the community, with a gift that can be tailored to benefit many others;
- Provide a loving legacy, sustaining institutions and charitable programs held most dear; and
- Bridge generations. Because of the Foundation’s flexibility and permanence, each fund can be managed so that the gift’s original spirit and intent are honored in years to come.
The mission of the Foundation for the Tri-State Community is to improve the quality of life in the community by raising, encouraging, administering and distributing gifts for charitable, cultural, educational and scientific purposes. The Foundation seeks to respond to a wide variety of needs in the community by distributing grants from its 21st Century Endowment Fund.
- Grants range from $500 to $5,000.
- Eligible applicants include 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt charities and other organizations that serve their core five-county area: Lawrence County, Ohio, Cabell and Wayne counties, West Virginia, and Boyd and Greenup counties, Kentucky.
For more information, visit Foundation for the Tri-State.