Donor Name: Brooklyn Arts Council
State: New York
County: Kings County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10K
The aim of this grant to support Dance Diversity by focusing on Cultural Heritage Dance practitioners. Empower Artists. Disrupt Exclusion. Amplify Diversity. Center Cultural Equity. These grants will be given to Cultural Heritage Dance Practitioners in four sub-categories:
$10K each for 4 Cultural Heritage Dance Practitioners or Researchers.
- Cultural Heritage Dancers, Choreographers, and Dance Researchers.
- Applicants must be residents of Brooklyn (Kings County) or base their practice/work in Brooklyn and provide proof of Kings County residence or operations
- 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization (federal designation)
- Incorporated non-profit organization (state designation)
- Unincorporated arts group or collective (choose one lead artist or administrator to serve as primary contact)
- Organizations with operating budgets over $250,000 are ineligible
- Applying under a fiscal sponsor is optional and will not affect a proposal’s competitiveness. Sponsors must have IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit status and be incorporated within the five boroughs of NYC
Proposals will be considered using the following:
- Artistic Merit: Communal Meaning; Commitment; Coherence; Technical Skill; Non-Duplication; New Questions/New Idea(s)/Distinct Perspective(s); Quality; and Clarity
- Process: Disruption/Innovation; Resourceful; Sustainable; Connective; Engagement; Community Support; Ability to Complete
- Impact: Stickiness; Equity; Justice; Sustainable; Capacity; Access; Amplification; Community Support; Service; Issue-Based Metric
For more information, visit Brooklyn Arts Council.