Allegany Community Out Reach (ACOR) Grants provide short-term support to local community projects that extend the mission and vision of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany.
Donor Name: Allegany Franciscan Ministries
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
Grants focus on improving health, wellness and quality of life in marginalized communities. Funding is limited to nonprofit organizations directly affiliated with the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany or Allegany Franciscan Associates, or that are a ministry of Trinity Health.
Priority will be given to organizations and projects that meet most or all of the following criteria:
- improve health, wellness and quality of life through a holistic approach;
- promote self-sufficiency or bring about systemic change;
- provide services to individuals from the following marginalized groups: BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color – People of color refers to any racial group or population that identifies as non-white), members of LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, low-income populations and other historically disenfranchised groups;
- strive to incorporate the viewpoint of individuals who are served;
- focus on women;
- focus on environment.
Requests up to $10,000 will be considered.
To be considered for funding, the organization must meet the following basic requirements:
- Have received a ruling from the Internal Revenue Service confirming exemption from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be willing and able to comply with all requirements of the Allegany Franciscan Ministries Grant Agreement.
- Projects must be affiliated with the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany or Allegany Franciscan Associates (i.e., where the FSA members/associates are present as sponsor, trustee, staff or volunteer) or have a direct affiliation with a ministry of Trinity Health.
- No organization may receive more than one ACOR Grant per year.
- Only one application may be submitted for an organization per cycle.
- Organizations with an active (current) ACOR Grant may not apply until the active grant is completed.
- ACOR Grants are not available for individuals, public agencies, fundraising events, or endowments.
For more information, visit AFM.