The Road Runners Club of America is seeking applications for its Kids Run the Nation Grant Fund to provide financial assistance to running clubs, schools, and community-based nonprofits interested in implementing or currently hosting youth running programs.
Donor Name: Road Runners Club of America
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500 – $1,000
Small grants ranging from $500 to $1,000 will be awarded to youth running programs throughout the U.S.
- Running clubs, events, or other organizations with the IRS 501(c)(3) designation are eligible to apply
- Elementary and middle schools that provide an organized after-school running program are eligible as well
- All applicants must be an official 501(c)(3), school, parent booster club, PTA, or a similar entity
- No grants will be given to individuals under any circumstances.
Kids Run the Nation
- Marketing materials, brochures, posters, fliers, and other printed or digital materials informing parents about the program
- Advertising the program in a community newspaper or website
- Hosting a program website
- Permit or usage fees to use a local park or running track
- Hydration supplies, including water bottles, cups, or coolers
- Snacks and meals for program participants
- Incentives and awards such as Toe Tokens®, ribbons, shirts, water bottles, backpack tags, patches, etc.
- Mileage logs, worksheets, and other written and digital materials for program participants
- Other items that the RRCA Grant Selection Committee sees fit to fund
will not fund:
- Sports drinks or other high sugar, high sodium beverages
- Sponsorship for individual runners
- Travel to competitive events
- Race entry fees for individual participants
- Social events for program staff or volunteers
- Salaries or travel costs for paid program staff
- Competitive Track and Cross Country Teams that are governed by a statewide school athletic federation
- Youth sports programs in which the primary focus is not the sport of running
- Other items the RRCA Grant Selection Committee determines to be ineligible for funding.
For more information, visit RRCA.