The East Bay Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Women’s Catalytic Fund.
Donor Name: East Bay Community Foundation
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $15,000
The Foundation believes in the power of women to drive social change. Women’s movements need the ability to respond to threats and opportunities with flexible and responsive funding. They aim to put resources into the hands of people with bold visions who are working to end gender-based inequity and fundamentally change the systems that perpetuate it. They prioritize investing in female identifying, nonbinary and gender non-conforming leaders from BIPOC communities.
Through the catalytic giving, foundation is prepared to take risks, respond rapidly, and give directly to frontline organizations when resources are most needed. They are looking for powerful ideas that address and reimagine what is possible when those who have long been ignored are centered in the work. They will only consider initiatives, projects, actions or events that include all of the following:
- Are catalytic: have the potential to serve as a model or to have a ripple effect, accelerate change, be inventive or experimental
- Are intersectional and collaborative
- Address gender-based inequity, gender-based violence, patriarchy, or transphobia
- Respond to the unique needs, challenges, and strengths of women and girls in targeted communities
- Develop the talents and leadership of women and girls in targeted communities
- Support women and girls to act on their own behalf, and on behalf of their families and communities, to improve their quality of life
- Prioritize low-income women, women of color, or immigrant women, inclusive of all those identifying as female
- Are led by and representative of the community being served.
These are one-time grants of up to $15,000.
- Proposals should utilize one or more of the following strategies:
- This fund may support:
- Project / initiative support
- Pilot or experimental programs
- Early stage or seed funding that catalyzes additional resources.
Who can apply?
- Organizations and proposed projects must be based in California.
- Organizations must have an annual budget under $1,000,000.
- Applicants must be registered as a 501(c)3, have a designated 501(c)3 willing to accept a grant on their behalf, or have a registered fiscal sponsor.
For more information, visit EBCF.