The Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation is accepting applications for its John T. & Elizabeth C. Adams Arts Fund.
Donor Name: Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000 to $5,000
The purpose of the fund is primarily to help attract programs or principals of artistic quality from outside the region to enrich performances, exhibits and professional artistic services for arts organizations within the region.
The John T. & Elizabeth C. Adams Arts Fund is intended to help fund special offerings which become available from time to time for the benefit of community and its cultural organizations. Both direct and indirect costs specific to the project can be included in the request. It not intended to subsidize a regular or established series of performances or exhibitions such as a concert series, a lecture series, an annual holiday production, scholarships, fellowships, or regular operating expenses such as advertising campaigns, fund-raising, or staff salaries. The John T. & Elizabeth C. Adams Arts Fund objectives shall be implemented under the following conditions:
- Beneficiaries shall be organizations and educational institutions located in the Foundation’s ten-county service region.
- “Arts” shall be defined to mean the fine arts and shall include visual and performing arts.
- Successful proposals must include at least one performance or exhibition available to the general public.
- Plans should include attracting as wide an audience as possible and give consideration to convenient parking.
Grants generally range from $1,000 to $5,000.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located in or provide service to residents within: Bayfield, Douglas and Ashland Counties in northwest Wisconsin; or Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis Counties in northeast Minnesota; or the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Mashkiiziibii, the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa/Atisokanigamig, the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Nah-Gah-Chi-Wa-Nong, the Grand Portage Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Gichi Onigaming, the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe, the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe or the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Gaa-Miskwaabikaang.
For more information, visit Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation.