The Ausherman Family Foundation is currently accepting applications for its General Grant Program.
Donor Name: Ausherman Family Foundation
County: Frederick County (MD)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,500
General Grants are awarded to fund costs associated with operating an organization, and/or developing, implementing, and/or maintaining a project or program. Operating costs include the fixed and variable expenses of the organization. Program costs include expenses associated with the services related to the organization’s mission. Project costs include expenses associated with a specific activity that moves the organization’s mission forward.
What AFF funds
- Children, Youth and Families
- Organizations or programs that provide enrichment and increased opportunity to children and youth as well as organizations or programs that strengthen families. Programs and activities included are scouting, mentorships, youth leadership, youth community service clubs and job training, parent engagement, college access, academic enrichment, and arts activities.
- Health and Human Services
- Human Services programs and services that provide basic welfare to help individuals, families, and communities to prevent, alleviate, or better cope with crisis, change, and stress. This includes the following sub-categories: crime and delinquency prevention, legal services, employment/jobs, food, housing/shelter, and women’s issues.
- Health services include treatment and rehabilitative programs relating to physical and mental health. Programs and services include but are not limited to the following sub-categories: mental health and crisis intervention, diseases, disorders and related medical disciplines, nutrition, and dental care.
- Arts and Culture
- Organizations or activities that promote enjoyment or understanding of the visual, performing, folk, or media arts; communication organizations (film, video, publishing, journalism, radio, television); and organizations or activities that promote the appreciation or understanding of historical events. Included are organizations which support artists, performers, entertainers, or writers, art and performing art schools, centers, studios, and historical societies and museums.
- Public/Society Benefit
- Organizations or programs that contribute to the public good and benefit society including, but not limited to, the following sub-categories: Beautifying public spaces, civic organizations and institutions, community/neighborhood development and improvement, and philanthropy, volunteerism, and grantmaking foundations.
Minimum amount considered for grant requests is $2,500.
- The grant will serve Frederick County residents.
- Your organization qualifies as one of the following entities:
- a nonprofit holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or
- an organization fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization or
- a recognized governmental entity including state, county, or city agencies such as a health department.
For more information, visit AFF.