The Monmouth County Audubon Society (MCAS) is offering small grants for a one-year project that will advance bird conservation.
Donor Name: Monmouth County Audubon Society
State: New Jersey
County: Monmouth County (NJ)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Nonprofit Organizations or Environmental Commissions
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,500
Grant Duration: 1 year
Approved projects are funded on a reimbursement basis and projects must be located within Monmouth County, New Jersey. The grants are awarded each year.
The Monmouth Audubon Bird Conservation Grant Program will award a maximum of $3,000 in grants for 2022. The maximum request per proposal is $1,500 ($150 is the minimum).
Eligible expenses include materials and/or professional services.
All nonprofit 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organizations as well as any of Monmouth County’s municipal environmental commissions are eligible to apply and are welcome to apply for, and receive, more than one grant per cycle. Environmental commissions are only eligible if they represent a municipality within Monmouth County, NJ and have been established by ordinance.
- Eligible projects will benefit Monmouth County birds through habitat enhancement. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Habitat enhancement projects, such as habitat creation, improvement, or restoration. Examples of projects include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of nesting platforms for osprey;
- Creation of hummingbird gardens with native plants;
- Installation of nest boxes for purple martins, tree swallows, Eastern bluebirds, American kestrel, wood ducks, and/or owls;
- Native tree/shrub plantings which are selected based upon suitability for bird nesting and/or foraging.
- Projects must be located within Monmouth County, New Jersey.
For more information, visit Monmouth County Audubon Society.