The Inyo County Community Project Sponsorship Program is accepting grant applications for the 2022 Competitive Grants.
Donor Name: Inyo County
County: Inyo County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/05/2022
Size of the Grant: $34,000
The Community Project Sponsorship Program (CPSP) provides an opportunity for the County of Inyo to sponsor, in the form of financial contributions, specific events or projects undertaken by non-profit organizations in Inyo County communities that enhance visitation to the community, or otherwise provide for the cultural or recreational enrichment of the citizens of Inyo County.
The grants will be available for events and projects sponsored by local non-profit groups that will be taking place in Inyo County during 2022.
Competitive Grants will be available for events and projects sponsored by local non-profit groups that will be taking place in Inyo County during 2022. The grants can be used to fund a variety of projects, programs or events. In general, the CPSP program is focused on helping local organizations promote activities and programs that bring visitors to the area, and also supports events and programs that enhance the cultural and recreational quality of life of the county’s residents. For example, past CPSP grants were used to help sponsor the Lone Pine Film Festival, Mule Days, Music in the Courtyard in Lone Pine, the First Friday Markets in Bishop and other events.
Up to $34,000 is available in the 2022 Competitive Grant cycle.
In order to be eligible for a CPSP grant, the organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be certified by the Internal Revenue Service as a non-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), or 501(c)(7) at the time the application is submitted,
- Have its principle office, primary place of operations, and business address in Inyo County, and
- Have no delinquent property taxes due to Inyo County.
To be considered for a CPSP grant, the grant applications must:
- Be submitted by an eligible organization,
- Describe how grant funding will be used to support a specific project or event, or a specific component of an on-going project or event, that enhances visitation to the community or otherwise provides for the cultural or recreational enrichment of the citizens of Inyo County, and
- Be complete.
Eligible organizations may submit multiple, separate CPSP grant applications for different projects or events or components thereof.
Note: The CPSP is not intended to provide funding for projects or events administered by, or that directly benefit any institution operated by the County of Inyo. Applications that appear to seek funding for such projects or events will not be considered.
For more information, visit Competitive Grants.