The Pierce County Arts Commission supports arts activities in Pierce County through its Art Grant program.
Donor Name: Pierce County Arts Commission
Counties: Pierce County (WA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/26/2022
The Commission works with a limited budget to assist projects that provide arts education, art programming, or art experiences for youth or to economically challenged areas within the County that are under-served by arts and cultural activities.
- Applicant must be a tax-exempt organization incorporated as a Washington State non-profit corporation under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) determination and located in Pierce County.
- Project must occur between January 1 and December 31, 2022. All projects are to be completed by December 31, 2022.
- Projects should provide arts education, art programming, or art experiences to lower-income youth who reside in Pierce County but outside the city limits of Tacoma or to areas of Pierce County which are under-served by arts and cultural activities. Projects are to be in the following categories:
- Student musical instruments
- Performance arts
- Other art disciplines
- Funding will not be awarded for ticket subsidies or for any transportation costs.
- Funding support is made on a project-by-project basis. Narrative responses and budget figures should address only costs related to the proposed project. Funding in a given fiscal year does not guarantee funding in subsequent years.
- Funding is on a reimbursable basis; therefore, organizations must have a source of cash-flow to support their projects during the reimbursement period.
- The Arts Commission may elect to award only a portion of the funding requested. In this circumstance, the applicant and the PCAC staff will come to agreement on any required changes in the scope of the project as defined in the final contract.
- Grant recipients must acknowledge Pierce County Arts Commission’s funding in all appropriate publications and media. Logo materials will be supplied.
- Pierce County is committed to a policy of equal opportunity regardless of race; religion; color; national origin; age; sex; physical, mental or sensory disability; or veteran status.
The Washington State Constitution prohibits public agencies from giving gifts. The Arts Commission may only purchase specific arts services or products to benefit the citizens of Pierce County.
The Arts Commission funds may not be used to:
- Fund capital improvements, purchase real property, or support administrative costs not directly associated with the project.
- Cover costs incurred prior to the effective date of the contract.
- Fund events intended as fundraisers for any organization or person.
- Fund performance art events for which an admission fee is charged.
- Pay for services before they occur. Funds will be disbursed when the project is completed and the required final reports have been submitted and accepted.
- Pay for food or alcohol served at a private or community event.
- Pay students for artistic services.
- Fund scholarships.
Applications will be evaluated by the Arts Commission using a variety of criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Artistic merit of proposed project.
- Reach and breadth of the project.
- Provision of art programs/services to areas of Pierce County where such services are limited or unavailable.
- Provision of art programs/services to lower-income youth who reside in Pierce County but outside the city limits of Tacoma.
- Professional artists who are paid reasonable fees for services.
- Demonstrated managerial capability of the organization.
- Contributed and earned revenues beyond funding requested from Pierce County Arts Commission.
- Demonstrated community support for the project and/or organization. Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Successful applicants will be notified by February 28, 2022.
For more information, visit 2022 Art Grant.