Communities Foundation of Texas is interested in supporting nonprofit programs that assist the community in securing basic needs so that individuals and families can thrive.
Donor Name: Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT)
Counties: Collin County (TX), Cooke County (TX), Dallas County (TX), Denton County (TX), Ellis County (TX), Erath County (TX), Fannin County (TX), Grayson County (TX), Hood County (TX), Hunt County (TX), Johnson County (TX), Kaufman County (TX), Montague County (TX), Navarro County (TX), Palo Pinto County (TX), Parker County (TX), Rockwall County (TX), Somervell County (TX), Tarrant County (TX), Wise County (TX)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/17/2021
Size of the Grant: $25,000 – $30,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
At Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) believes that a thriving community is one in which all people feel cared for, invested in, nourished and valued, and have an equitable opportunity to contribute to the well-being and growth of themselves, their families, and their communities.
CFT grantmaking supports programs that address needs across the North Texas region, with a focus on those which:
- Use data, best practices or proof-points of success to create measurable impact
- Support under-resourced communities by building on the assets of community members
- Improve access and outcomes for communities who have been marginalized or experienced discrimination
- Promote collaboration across other organizations
To this end, CFT is seeking applications from organizations in one of the following funding priority areas:
- Community outreach to engage and inform residents of rental relief and options
- Homeless diversion programs and efforts
- Innovative programs that provide access to healthy, fresh foods, such as through community gardens, urban farms, pop-up produce markets and food delivery
- Supportive services for workers, such as childcare and transportation
Organizations can request a one-year grant for up to $50,000. An average grant from this cycle will be between $25,000 – $30,000.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- To apply to CFT’s Letter of Inquiry process, your organization must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service that has been active for at least two years as of September 1, 2021.
- At least 50% of the population served must reside in one of the following counties: Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, Wise
- Church and religious organizations’ programs that are focused on evangelism are not eligible.
Who is NOT Eligible to Apply?
- For-Profit Businesses
- Agencies/programs provided outside of Dallas County
- Non-US based organizations
- Church and religious organizations’ programs that are focused on evangelism
For more information, visit 2021 Living RFP–Social Services.