Communities Foundation of Texas is interested in supporting programs that recognize that pets and animals can enhance the health and quality of life of individuals, families, and communities. In addition, the foundation is seeking to support programs that improve pet ownership in under resourced communities.
Donor Name: Communities Foundation of Texas
Counties: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2021
Size of the Grant: $50,000
Grant Duration: 2 years
Communities Foundation of Texas believes that a thriving community is one in which all people feel cared for, invested in, nourished and valued, and have an equitable opportunity to contribute to the well-being and growth of themselves, their families, and their communities.
Their grantmaking supports programs that address needs across the North Texas region, with a focus on those which:
- Use data, best practices or proof-points of success to create measurable impact.
- Support under-resourced communities by building on the assets of community members.
- Improve access and outcomes for communities who have been marginalized or experienced discrimination.
- Promote collaboration across other organizations.
Funding Priority Areas
To this end, CFT is seeking applications from organizations in the following funding priority areas:
- Health and emotional support/therapy:
- Provide animal-human interaction programs to support health, well-being, and overall therapeutic benefit for people, including physical, mental, emotional, and trauma-related.
- Assistance animals and facilitation of learning/skill building:
- Provide companion animal training and/or interactions that facilitate learning, skill-building, rehabilitation or assistance with disabilities.
- Happy and healthy pet ownership:
- Promote successful pet adoption and/or pet ownership through supportive resources.
Organizations can request a one-year grant for up to $50,000. An average grant from this cycle will be between $25,000 – $30,000.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To apply to CFT’s Letter of Inquiry process, your organization must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service that has been active for at least two years as of September 1, 2021.
- At least 50% of the population served must reside in one of the following counties: Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Montague, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, Wise.
Who is NOT Eligible to Apply?
- For-Profit Businesses
- Non-US based organizations
- Church and religious organizations’ programs that are focused on evangelism
For more information, visit 2021 Living Grant Cycle – Animals.