The Willmar Area Community Foundation (WACF) supports specific community initiatives through a variety of grants.
Donor Name: CommunityGiving (CG)
County: Kandiyohi County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entities: Nonprofit Organizations, Schools or Government entities
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $20,000
WACF seeks to make smaller grants for general operations and programs to address changing community needs. They also seeks to make significant grants that will be the “Difference Maker” in bringing about community-wide, lasting, and positive changes in the Willmar area. WACF is looking to provide leadership and financial support that goes beyond the grant in order to advance the project or initiative that needs a large dollar amount to get started or completed.
What they Fund:
- Small grants: General operations and project/program support
- “Difference Maker” Grant: Capital and other strategic investments that support community-wide, lasting, and positive changes (By invitation only)
- Are likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people.
- Propose practical approaches to resolve current community problems.
- Address diversity and positive change in a constructive manner.(Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Policy)
- Help nonprofit organizations manage themselves and their finances more effectively.
- Encourage cooperation and eliminate duplication of services.
- Stimulate others to participate in problem-solving.
- Promote leverage for generating additional funds.
- Small Grant: $5,000 to $20,000 (focused on single organization, issue or program)
- “Difference Maker” Grant: $25,000 to $50,000 *By invitation only* (wider focused on a larger segment of the community, that creates new partnerships or could be a catalytic action for change)
501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities.
For more information, visit CommunityGiving(CG).