Applications are now open for the Wildhorse Foundation Grant Program.
Donor Name: Wildhorse Foundation
State: Oregon and Washington
County: Morrow County (OR), Umatilla County (OR), Union County (OR), Wallowa County (OR), Benton County (WA), Columbia County (WA), Walla Walla County (WA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/01/2022
Grant Size: $20,000
They fund projects in the areas of:
- Cultural Activities
- Environmental Protection
- Gambling Addiction Prevention, Education and Treatment
- Historic Preservation
- Public Health
- Public Safety
- Salmon Restoration
Their grant awards can range up to $20,000. One grant per organization is customarily allowed in a 12-month period. An organization can only have one grant open at any given point in time.
The Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation are the Cayuse, Umatilla and Walla Walla. Their homeland is the area now known as northeastern Oregon and southeastern Washington. Each year the Wildhorse Foundation makes grants to eligible government, Tribal and non-profit organizations in that homeland area:
- Morrow, Umatilla, Union and Wallowa counties in Oregon.
- The Tribes Ceded Territory in Washington which is most of Benton, Columbia and Walla Walla Counties.
- Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
- Any Native American Tribal government agency or Native American charitable organization with its principal office and base of operations within the State of Oregon.
- Any national or regional Indian organization.
For more information, visit Wildhorse Foundation.