The Community Foundation of West Alabama is seeking applications in order to expend funds for charitable uses for the benefit of the communities around the West Alabama area.
Donor Name: The Community Foundation of West Alabama
County: Lamar County (AL), Tuscaloosa County (AL), Greene County (AL), Hale County (AL), Pickens County (AL), Fayette County (AL), and Bibb County (AL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/01/2022
The Foundation is organized as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Alabama and is governed by a Board of Directors. The Foundation makes every effort to assess the needs of the community and to prioritize those needs.
Grants may be made for the following charitable purposes:
- Arts and Humanities
- Children and Youth
- Elder Care
- Health & Medicine
- Social Welfare
The Foundation looks for:
In order to make the greatest impact with the funds available, the Foundation prefers requests that address a critical community need.
- Get at the root causes of a problem.
- Do not duplicate existing services unless they serve a population not already being served.
- Are pilot projects which, if successful, can be expanded to serve a wider population or be duplicated by other organizations.
- Involve collaboration and cooperation with other organizations and agencies.
- Include an effective mechanism for measuring the impact of The Community Foundation’s investment.a
The requesting organization should:
- Demonstrate the expertise and experience necessary to accomplish the project
- Operate under sound financial principles
- Have a future funding plan
- Have a solid base of community and financial support to insure the future of the organization and program
For more information, visit The Community Foundation of West Alabama.