The Stage Managers’ Association Foundation (SMAF) is seeking applications for its Small Grant Program to provide funds for public events that enhance and develop stage management skills, advocacy, education, and training.
Donor Name: Stage Managers’ Association Foundation
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Types of Funding Available
- Grants: The SMAF may grant funds to individuals through fiscal receivers or to 501(c) series of not-for-profit organizations, as long as the use of those funds aligns with the SMAF’s mission
- Honorariums: The SMAF may offer funds to support honorariums to one or more individuals in compensation for lectures, seminars, mentoring or similar activities, for the furtherance of educating students or others. Such honorariums may also be structured to cover out-of-pocket costs incurred in scheduling, materials, travel, and other appropriate expenses related to being on-site for such activities.
- Community Giving: The SMAF may allocate funds to specific 501(c) series of tax-exempt organizations or individuals to fund stage manager-related needs and causes.
The foundation can be funded
Program and services, honorariums, travel to conferences, and workshops.
- Organizations producing or supporting stage managers that are in the 501(c) series of non-profits, or individuals, groups of individuals, or organizations sponsored through a 501(c) fiscal receiver.
- 501(c) Series Organizations
- Proposals accepted from organizations whose activities align with the mission and funding purposes of the Foundation. This includes programming to advance stage managers career education.
The foundation does not fund
- Subvention (book publishing)
- Purchase of major equipment for an individual or organization (computer equipment, projectors, modems, etc.)
- Individuals or organizations that are not a non-profit fiscal receiver or are not affiliated with one.
For more information, visit SMAF.